Hello, Hola! Are you looking for an Isla Mujeres photographer? Then you are on the right webpage. My name is Elena and I do family, engagement, honeymoon, anniversary photo sessions in Isla Mujeres, as well as underwater and proposals photo shoots. I am a professional photographer with a Master degree in Art and I do photography for more than 12 years.
Isla Mujeres is a beautiful island and one of my favorite places to take photos. Do you wonder why? First of all, it feels like home, because it’s a little island and all the streets are narrow, buildings are not tall. So, whenever you are walking in the downtown, it almost feels like you are in a modern village somewhere on the coast of a Caribbean Sea. Secondly, you don’t even need a car, because of its size and the fact that the main beach – Playa Norte, is located in the downtown, you can walk around or just use a bike. No rush, no timelines, just a relaxing and friendly ambiance. And, as an experienced Isla Mujeres photographer, I can tell you that there are many wonderful and colorful spots to take photos in the downtown. And to illustrate my words let me show some of these great locations.
Isla Mujeres photographer.
When I moved to Cancun, Isla Mujeres was one of the first places I visited, because it’s located 30 min away from Cancun by ferry and that makes it very attractive for a one day trip. After that day I visited Isla Mujeres hundreds of time and I always feel excited and blessed every time I visit this amazing island and do a photo session there. Never in my life I imagined that I will become an Isla Mujeres photographer, but sometimes life surprises you.
Upon planning my trip to Mexico in 2013, I saw many photos of Isla Mujeres in the Internet, but in reality, it’s even better. So, it was the case when reality was far more amazing than expectations.
When I work as an Isla Mujeres photographer, I usually do photo sessions on the Playa Norte beach or Punta Sur, which is located on the opposite side of the island. If you ask me which of these places I like more, I will answer Punta Sur, because it’s:
– there are rocks and a little spot with the sand that reminds of a beach
– you can see there both a sunset and a sunrise
– it looks picturesque
– the view from the top is breathtaking
– there are waves crashing against the rocks and it helps to take stunning photos.
And here are some of the examples, showing all the beauty of Punta Sur area.
Although beaches are the main attraction in Isla Mujeres, as well as in Mexico in general, visiting Punta Sur is a wonderful option to diversify your vacations. If you go there on your own, be ready to spend around 2-3 hours to walk around admiring all natural masterpieces that are everywhere you go there.
It might sound that being an Isla Mujeres photographer is interesting, and in reality it’s more than that, it’s also emotionally nourishing. For example, to watch a sunset in Isla Mujeres is always fascinating, because it’s never the same. Colors of the sky might be different, as well as it’s patterns. And various colors produces distinct emotions, so every time you see a sunset, your mind is filled with new emotions, and that what it means to be nourished by nature.
Tips for a beach photo session in Isla Mujeres.
One of the main images that you can see in every travel webpage associated with Isla Mujeres is this one – Playa Norte.
It a “Must See” place and I am sure that everyone who visits Isla Mujeres comes to see this beach. It’s absolutely stunning all year round. If you come to this beach to have a quality leisure time, then the time of the day doesn’t matter. But when it comes to taking photos, time is very important.
1. Choose the right timeline for your beach photo session in Isla Mujeres. I usually do photo shoots either in the morning or late afternoon, because the light is especially good during these hours of the day. It’s soft and doesn’t cause any harsh shades on faces or/and body. There is one very important detail that you should know before scheduling a beach photo shoot in Isla Mujeres. Since Playa Norte is the main beach and is very popular, during the day it gets extremely crowded. In the evening, before a sunset there also many visitors, because as you might assume, it’s the right time to enjoy a sunset, which is especially beautiful in Isla Mujeres.
Big family reunion photo sessions I do mostly in the morning (6-9am), once again because of the good light. And that’s the only time of the day when there are no people on the beach, which means no one will be passing by on the background.
2. Perfect outfit. No matter what you wear you need to feel comfortable, because this way you will be more relaxed and as a result, an Isla Mujeres photographer will be able to capture your sincere, candid emotions.
Caribbean nature is full of vibrant and bright colors, so try to choose clothes made of light red, green, yellow, orange, blue or white fabric. And forget about brown, grey or black colors, you will have many opportunities to use them back at home. In Isla Mujeres it’s mostly sunny and life is full of positive vibes, so clothes with vibrant colors will be the best outfit for a beach photo session.
3. Prepare to laugh and smile. It’s a common saying that people tend to smile more in the countries with lots of sun and warm weather. And I totally agree with this, because I experience this on my own every day and I have met many people who has proved this to be right. So, a beach photo session in Isla Mujeres is a good way to remember these precious moments of laughing and smiling forever. To make your photo session more fun, try to relax a day before, and schedule tours or any other activities after or a couple of days in advance.
4. Choose “your” Isla Mujeres photographer.
I am sure that once you typed in Google search Isla Mujeres photographer, you saw at least 10 pages filled with information from different individual photographers and photocompanies. How to choose a good photographer that will be able to capture your uniqueness in a candid photo style?
1. Check out his/her webpage and take a look at the portfolio. Don’t rush and look through at least some of his/her photo galleries to understand if you like his/her photography style. My portfolio you can find by clicking this link.
2. Find a review page and read some of the “Thank you!” notes from previous clients. An experienced photographer should have a lot of good reviews. Mine are located on this page.
3. We live in the era of internet and social media, so every Isla Mujeres photographer should have accounts at least in the main social media. His/her accounts could tell a lot about how a photographer takes care of his business. Does he/she post often or from time to time? Is there review on his/her Facebook page? What is he/she writing about on his/her pages? Such information can help you a lot to choose a right photographer for your beach photo session in Isla Mujeres.
Surprise marriage proposal in Isla Mujeres.
May I say that Isla Mujeres is the island of love? This can be true, according to a growing number of wedding ceremonies that take place in Isla Mujeres every year. And what comes before a wedding? Marriage proposal and engagement, and from my own experience, I can tell you that each season there are more and more couples that visit Isla Mujeres to celebrate these amazing personal events. I did many engagement and marriage proposal photo sessions in this island and here are some photo examples.
There are many beautiful locations in Isla Mujeres, where during a sunset or sunrise it’s possible to do engagement and marriage proposal photo shoots. Discuss all available options with your Isla Mujeres photographer before scheduling a photo session. And pay attention to his/her recommendations, because professionals always know better where to do such romantic photo shoots.
Underwater photo shoot in Isla Mujeres.
This photo is just one example of how interesting can be an underwater photo shoot. In general, it takes around 2-3 hours to take good photos underwater, because there are so many details that need to be considered. In order to do an underwater photo session in Isla Mujeres you don’t need to be a professional swimmer or diver, but you need to feel comfortable staying long time in the water and holding a breath underwater. Isla Mujeres has some beautiful places for an underwater photo shoot, and the water in the sea there is always warm, clean and transparent, so it makes it a perfect location for this adventurous photo session. The best time for this type of a photo shoot is from 11am – 4 pm, because that’s when sea has the most vibrant color, which is important for an underwater photo session.
Are you interested in scheduling a photo session in Isla Mujeres? Leave a comment or contact me directly by clicking this link to find out the details.